I am a first year PhD student advised by Prof. Devi Parikh in the School of Interactive Computing within the College of Computing at Georgia Tech. I also work closely with Prof. Dhruv Batra. Prior to starting my PhD, I was a Research Assistant at the Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT), IIIT-Hyderabad working under the joint supervision of Prof. C.V. Jawahar and Prof. Gaurav Sharma. Before moving to Hyderabad, I was a Software Engineer at Media.net in Mumbai. I completed my dual degree (B. Tech + M. Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Roorkee in 2015. Over the course of my undergrad, I spent 3 wonderful summers at Google India, Media.net and Cadence Design Systems working on projects ranging from Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing to building web-based products.
Broadly speaking, my area of interests lie at the intersection of Vision and Language. In the past, I have also worked on problems in the space of facial analysis, both fundamental and applied aspects.
- [ 18th February 2018 ] [ New ] Our paper on
"Embodied Question Answering" has been accepted for publication at CVPR 2018!
- [ 26th January 2018 ] [ New ] Our paper on "Unsupervised Learning of Face Representations" has been accepted for publication at IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2018)!
- [ 1st December 2017 ] [ New ] arXiv paper on Embodied Question Answering is out. Check out the task, dataset and models at embodiedqa.org.
- [ 5th July 2017 ] I presented a lab+tutorial session on "Deep Faces" during the Summer School on Computer Vision (SSCV 2017) at CVIT, IIIT Hyderabad. Here is a link to the GitHub repository that hosts the IPython notebooks.
- [ 14th June 2017 ] I was interviewed by the folks at bestprogrammingbooks.com. Here is a link to the write-up.
Integrating Geometric and Textural Features for Facial Emotion Classification using SVM Frameworks
Worked on a language-processing project that involved extracting semantic entities out of compound and noisy domain names. Most of the domain names are compound words where the constituent words are noisy due to the presence of deliberate spelling errors (e.g. vidyolectures.com). I designed and deployed an algorithm that produces a viable split, given such a compound and noisy input.
Worked on graph-based clustering algorithms. The clustering was run on Google’s Knowledge Graph and the resulting entity-clusters were used for personalized search query suggestions - if the user is interested in topic X, then (s)he may also be interested in other topics from the same cluster.
Cadence Design Systems
Worked with the I.T. Automation team of Cadence Design Systems, India Pvt. Ltd and developed a Function Point (FP) Estimation Tool using PHP and MySQL which performed the FP Estimation of the projects undertaken by Cadence.