I am a fourth year PhD student advised by Prof. Devi Parikh in the School of Interactive Computing within the College of Computing at Georgia Tech. I also work closely with Prof. Dhruv Batra. Prior to starting my PhD, I was a Research Assistant at the Center for Visual Information Technology (CVIT), IIIT-Hyderabad working under the joint supervision of Prof. C.V. Jawahar and Prof. Gaurav Sharma. Before moving to Hyderabad, I was a Software Engineer at Media.net in Mumbai. I completed my dual degree (B. Tech + M. Tech) in Computer Science and Engineering from IIT Roorkee in 2015. Over the course of my undergrad, I spent 3 wonderful summers at Google India, Media.net and Cadence Design Systems working on projects ranging from Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing to building web-based products.
Broadly speaking, my area of interests lie at the intersection of vision, language and actions. I am interested in training embodied agents to solve high-level AI tasks such as visual navigation and question-answering in simulation environments. I have also worked on problems in the space of weakly supervised learning.
- [ September 2018 ] [ New ] I am excited to be one of the co-organizers of the NIPS 2018 workshop on Visually Grounded Interaction and Language (ViGIL)
- [ May 2018 ] [ New ] I am excited to be one of the co-organizers of the ECCV 2018 workshop on Visual Learning and Embodied Agents in Simulation Environments
- [ May 2018 ] [ New ] Our paper on "Unsupervised Learning of Face Representations" won the Best Paper Award at FG 2018!
- [ April 2018 ] [ New ] I am serving as a reviewer for ECCV 2018.
- [ February 2018 ] [ New ] Our paper on Embodied Question Answering has been accepted as an oral at CVPR 2018!
- [ January 2018 ] Our paper on "Unsupervised Learning of Face Representations" has been accepted as an oral at IEEE International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition (FG 2018)!
- [ 1st December 2017 ] arXiv paper on Embodied Question Answering is out. Check out the task, dataset and models at embodiedqa.org.